Tuesday, September 10, 2019

The clouds outside

I don't really like fall, honestly. It makes me think of winter, and winter doesn't have rain, just snow. Rain's got a really nice sound, one you can fall asleep to, you know? You can't really do that with snow.

But if there's one thing I appreciate about fall, it's how cloudy it gets. I love the kind of darkness that comes from an overcast sky. Sunny weather all the time is boring.

Anyways, I guess I'll take a break from talking about the weather to explain the point of this blog. See, I've always wanted to be a writer, but I've never really been too great at coming up with my own concepts. So I've decided it would be neat to try and record the local folklore, like Jacob Grimm did for Germany. See, for some reason, the city of Atkins, Michigan has a bunch of urban legends that never really spread around. Even melonheads show up in Ohio and Connecticut and wherever. I'm talking about legends that are really specific to Atkins.

Fittingly enough, my name's Quinton Grimm.

One of the most enduring legends in the area is that of the Murder of Crows. I first heard about them from a friend in elementary or middle school. The way he explained it, they're these crows made of clouds that can summon thunder and lightning. No matter where you go, you aren't safe from the Murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment